I recently tried to transfer photos that I took with my mobile phone
to my computer. It was such a pain on my PC. It seemed like the
software was designed to help me use my phone to connect my computer
to the Internet. It basically guided me through adding my phone as a
modem, which is not at all what I wanted to do. I tried it on my Mac
and the experience was much smoother, it was more centered around
connecting the devices together than creating ports and network
devices. I think it's a cardinal sin in UX to make naive assumptions
about what the user wants to do, like 'oh, you're connecting your
phone to your PC, you must want to use it to get online'. I think I
place most of the blame on the Dell Bluetooth software. Very
frustrating. Just my 2 cents.