My 2 cents, er ideas:

1. A speaker network. Most local groups opperate with no budget so it would be nice to have list of speakers that are wiling to speak for free if/when they happen to be in town. Maybe it could be tied to Tripit or Dopplr so that it that notifies a city's local leader when any speakers are planning a trip to their neck of the woods.

2. An initiative registry. Since we're all volunteers, it's hard to stay focused on some of the smaller initatives. When someone gets too busy to see an idea through, we loose a lot of institutional memory. If there was an initiative registry on IxDA.org people could look them up, see who's got the ball, progress, etc. If it's lost momentum or not moving as fast as you'd like you could sign on to help.

Sent from my iPhone