The best online shopping experience I have had is at
http://endless.com.  They do a great job of filtering selections and
allowing you to sort through a large inventory without sacrificing
maximizing selections of items that you DO want to see.  They also do
a great job of making available a lot of relevant information at the
first level so I don't waste a lot of time drilling down to see if I
have an interest in a particular item.

One thing missing is the ability to do a compare multiple selections.
 But overall the experience is easy, fun, effortless, quick and very
satisfying.