Michael P. Gerlek wrote:
Perhaps we could mark out who on the planet is a Charter Member.

"Charter members" aren't special in any way with respect to blogging, so
I don't think it is a useful distinction to make.

no problem to me, I don't have a personal blog
;-)

I was targeting Chater Members not for their "special status" but for the reason they have been elected.
Reading a little further what David suggests in Membership page[1]:

"Nominees for Charter Member status should meet the following criteria:

- The person should have already made a contribution to open source geospatial software. - The person should be willing to put in time and effort on Foundation activities (e.g. perhaps joining committee(s), or volunteering in some other way that gets the foundation going). - Members should believe in the general goals of the Foundation. To support and promote the use of open source geospatial software in a collaborative manner. - Members selected should provide a diversity of geographic representation in the Foundation. - Members selected should provide representation of a diversity of projects. For instance, we have a strong desire to see the "java tribe" well represented in the Foundation. We don't want the membership dominated by folks from just one project. - Members selected should provide representation of a diversity of interests (eg. corporate, hobbyist, educational, scientific). - Members should be prepared to works constructively and positively towards the goals of the Foundation. Good teamwork skills are an asset."

I think this criteria are what I would like to see represented in the blog of this community

my 2 cents
Lorenzo

[1] http://www.osgeo.org/membership