On 3-Jul-08, at 4:25 PM, Kjell Are Refsvik wrote:

In Qgis you should be able to reproject to UTM and label your points. Qgis will also export to PNG format if that is what you want. However I don't think that Qgis will output an ESRI world file (the only way that I know to keep a PNG spatially reference... but the application uDIG will output a .wld world file to spatially reference a PNG).

I am in need of a open source command-line style software here, in order to automate this entire endevour.
Both uDIG and QGIS appears to be GUI style applications.

You had mentioned to me earlier about GDAL/OGR from the infamous Kyngchaos package, right? Do you have the command "gdalinfo" and "ogrinfo" - they will be your best friends soon.

Tyler