Cameron Shorter ha scritto:
A couple of links to reviews of desktop clients at:
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Case_Studies#Review_of_Open_Source_Desktop_Clients

In particular Stefan's summary of clients is the best I've seen so far.
http://www.spatialserver.net/osgis/ is quite comprehensive.

The steps I see toward kicking off a Desktop comparison at FOSS4G are:

1. One person to step forward and offer to drive the comparison through to completion. (This can be a couple of people, but it usually starts with one). Effectively act as a project coordinator, setting up wiki pages, contacting potential parties, ensuring scope is capped. Paul Ramsey, Andrea Aime and Jeff McKenna seemed to be the driving people behind the WMS shootout. If you are reading this and think you might be able to fill this role, then please speak up.
5. Just before foss4g: Pens down, collate results, present.

I think I can do something for QGIS, if I'm not left alone ;)

All the best.