> Agreed. What we want, at osgeo level, it to have fair competition, and to
> favour
> those who invest back in OS development.
Here is the tricky part; certification does not help this (unless we make a
really good effort to stress the soft skills; and make such involvement part of
the certification process).

Indeed the main benefit of certification here would be as an income draw to
keep OSGeo going. And until I can see a decent set of numbers I am worried that
certification will be yet another example of how the foundation can help
promote open source; and not an example of how the foundation can afford to
promote open source.

Jody