Interesting Andy, I can see how that RCV/PR/ranking could help better representation from our local chapters. I think after the dust settles on this election, we should all then take a deep breath and sit back and analyze this 2017 election process, and together (as Charter members) make a proposal for future elections - I'd prefer to see this proposal happen in the next month, while it is still fresh in all of our minds - Andy it would be great to have your input on this.

PS. happy to be a part of the OSGeo animal kingdom (reference to the video in Andy's link ha)

-jeff

On 2017-10-17 9:47 AM, Andy Anderson wrote:
So I could make this a fourth question. What are the candidates perspectives on using RCV/PR to increase representation from The Rest of the World?

— Andy

On Oct 16, 2017, at 11:23 PM, Andy Anderson <aander...@amherst.edu <mailto:aander...@amherst.edu>> wrote:

We should consider using ranked-choice voting with proportional representation [1] instead of the current at-large system of electing the board. It will ensure majority rule but also provide representation of larger minority interests.

— Andy

[1] http://www.fairvote.org/fair_representation#ranked_choice_voting_pr