Could each of us please be a bit more measured and forgiving when responding. It seems a few words have been selected which caused more offense than intended.

I remember Jeff McKenna once saying that he sometimes takes a step back from the keyboard for a day or so before responding, and being much kinder and wiser as a consequence (my memory of Jeff's words).  I can think of a few emails Jeff sent where I think he did just that - his excellent email describing his reasons for wanting to join the current OSGeo board comes to mind.

Confrontational tit-for-tat conversation is uncomfortable and if we take it too far, we will find that productive members of our community will start silently dropping off.

On 22/6/18 7:50 am, Sara wrote:
Cameron said:
> We should do our best to ensure opinions are stated respectfully, and encourage forgiveness when we slip up and get a bit passionate.

I'm not sure who you are referring to with this, but please do let me know if you mean me.

Sara, I'll discus one statement: