"Roy Owen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in
message news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> SlimServer already does this (minus the cover art). Am I missing something
> in your question?

Cover art is one aspect that I would very much like to have, I also think it
would be very useful (at least for me) to be able to see a whole list of
folders at once, and to have one button scroll down a whole page, rather
than just one entry.  Probably faster than entering search text in some
instances, and even more handy when you want to browse your collection.  You
could see all albums by one artist on a screen, or all songs in an album,
etc.

Similarly, it would also make things like the lyrics plugin, RSS feeds,
Internet radio, Live Music Archive, etc. more useful and user-friendly, IMO
(there are already Tivo/HME apps that have this functionality, and it's
pretty slick on the TV screen).   There's probably a host of other things
that people could do with a TV screen for an interface, as well.  Heck, pull
up the allmusic.com page on an artist or album, have visualizations, slide
shows, browse the artist's catalog, etc.

So cover art is one aspect for me, but it's more about a truly graphical,
_paged_ display, as opposed to a 1-3 line display (1 line from the other
side of my living room).

Ed