> The Roku uses the Windows Media Connect (WMC) feature of XP SP2 as its
> "server".  No third party software is required.

So that really means using either Slimserver or WMC, but not both at
the same time. Not very practical - for me, the features and
versatility of Slimserver are one of the main selling points for the
devices. (That, and the fact that I can run Slimserver directly on my
24/7 file server, which runs Linux.)

How could one go on about _integrating_ the two interfaces, that's the question.

> As far as I know, WMC manages all the DRM stuff on the PC so the device
> doesn't
> have to.

Really? - So I'd just have to put a sniffer on the network between the
two devices to get unencryted data? Unlikely, but worth a try. Is
there a network sniffer module for perl? :)

C.