max.spicer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> SB2 doesn't currently support replaygain for flac files.

Well, in a pinch you can do flac->flac conversion on the server and
get replaygain, but you're giving up fastforward/rewind if you
do. Depending on which is more important to you, it might be worth the
trade off until replaygain is implemented in the firmware. (or if you
have a unit older than the sb2)

> It may for mp3s - I really don't know.

pretty much the same deal as for flac.  you can use a program like
mp3gain to apply the change to the file, or you can do mp3 decoding on
the server (with the appropriate decoder) and apply replaygain (from
tags) before sending to the squeezebox.

-michael

--
I feel like my life is just a little