Having lived with SC and SB3 for nearly a year, there are two areas
where this otherwise amazing interface is sadly lacking. An embedded
player, such as in Itunes (yuch) or mp3tunes.com, or Pandora etc. etc.
would be a gift from the gods. Softsqueeze, while impressive in its
ability to do many things, is the buggiest piece of software I have
ever used, and I have tried every version and flavor of SS, all have
the same fundamental problems. Judging from the dozens of posts on this
issue, I am not alone. I spend half my time trying to get SC and SS to
play well together, instead of just listening to the music. Each new
version of SS has just carried the same old problems forward. Embedded
players can' be that difficult to code, judging from their prevalence
in other software and web GUI's. The basic interface is sitting right
there on the new SC 7.0 GUI, in the guise of a "remote control" for SB
and SS.

Another BIG step forward would be for SC to use a single central db
file for album art, like Moose. Moose has its problems as well, but one
thing it does infinitely better than SC is to remember album art and
present it nearly instantly, instead of reinventing the wheel every
time album view is invoked. And yes, I've read all the threads about
why SC can be so slow to show album art, and the alternatives -
rescaling all my 600 plus folder.jpeg's to a uniform size, or chopping
up album view into a dozen smaller pages etc. - all truly suck. If
Itunes and Moose can do these things well, so can SqueezeCenter!

--
Fleury