CatBus;329633 Wrote:
> It sounds to me like you're asking if you can intentionally add a
> certain amount of silence between any two tracks played, correct?  If
> that's the case, I don't know, sorry.
>
> I just wanted to verify your question first.  There are lots of
> questions here from people who want to REMOVE gaps between tracks, and
> I think your question may be pretty unusual.

You got it.

Almost all the web traffic (here and elsewhere) is about eliminating
gaps -- it's like the whole world has gone techno.  While some of my
recordings (e.g. Dark Side Of The Moon) are best heard gapless, it's
not true for everything.  In fact, to my taste, it's not good for most
things, but gaps are especially important in SOME forms of classical
music.

Most of the time, I do like there to be a bit of a pause between
tracks, a natural breath-taking.  Don't like it when people talk
nonstop, and I don't like it when the music plays nonstop.

My problem is that I have music from a variety of sources.  Some of it
has naturally occurring gaps, as in most CDs or LPs, but some doesn't.
I'd like to be able to force a bit of a pause, without having to edit
each track manually.

This would surely be an easy option to implement in something like SC.

R.

--
RonM