Eric Seaberg;329999 Wrote:
> That's not totally accurate... the START OF TRACK and END OF TRACK IDs
> can be put wherever the mastering engineer wants.  Just think about CDs
> you have where there is continuous music, yet the ID changes reflecting
> a new "track".  This is totally within the spec.

I know - that's why I said "studio" (not live) and "typically" (not
always). I have hundreds of gapless CDs and they're obviously mastered
with no postgap. I've even mastered a number myself :)  The point I was
trying to make was it wasn't a setting of the ripper to add 2 seconds of
silence, it just adds whatever is already on the CD, be that 2 secs, 1
sec or nothing.

--
radish