ratso;331061 Wrote:
>  shouldn't this all just work?

If you think about the three major operating software families that run
PCs, the diversity of other hardware that is involved, the diversity of
the condition of that hardware, the range of understanding and
experience of the user community, the range of file types and music
sources, and the wide range of external gremlins that all weigh in on
trying to get your music or mine a pretty short distance, I would say
that the answer to your question is :

"Yes, it should all just work, and for most people under most
circumstances, it does". But when it doesn't it can be a bear.

I hope you get your issue resolved, it is real and you have discussed
your problem in a mature and respectful way, given your understandable
frustration.

--
Goodsounds