Many responses here have followed this structure: "If one wants
Sooloos-like operability one goes and buys it. Can't afford? Boohoo,
don't complain."

I can understand this argument only to some degree. Mostly I don't. Why
should we see things so categorically? As if there were no options or
alternatives. "Slim Devices know what they're doing, they have provided
a finalized product here to our hands and they don't have to follow the
competition". What good could follow from that kind of encouragement?

The (technical) competition being in a tenfold price category will not
restrain from reaching or getting close to it, only one's lack of
ambition or dare will. We don't know where the Sooloos' high premium
goes to. How much goes to marketing, design or taking back initial
funding? Only a small fraction might go to technical R&D. And since SD
operates in an open ideology, a whole lot of priceless equity is tied
to SD development. Overall I see it as lack of imagination and courage
to disregard a product simply for its price tag.

And if one is satisfied and happy with one's current SD setup, why not
be just that, happy and satisfied, instead of implying there isn't
space or right to investigate for something more?

--
Jooseppi