thing-fish wrote:
> LOL.  In all seriousness, just use the single socket you already have,
> plug a switch into that,

There are limits to the number of switches in line of an Ethernet
connection. You can't just daisey chain switch into switch into switch
forever.

In my house, the broadband comes into a firewall/nat and then to a
switch, which talks to home runs of CAT5 to each location. So there is
already a switch between my Transporter and a router. One more is
allowed by the spec, but I think that's the limit.

Wire is nearly free, its the labor to pull it that costs big bucks.

I've pulled nearly 1600 linear feet of Cat5 cable in my house, and its
only a 2000 sqft center hall colonial.

--
Pat Farrell
http://www.pfarrell.com/