MartinP;332466 Wrote:
> My Squeezebox classic was one of the innocent victims when lightning
> struck my house earlier this summer. The stereo amp and TV were fried
> too, though the Uninterruptible Power Supply they were connected to was
> unaffected! The Squeezebox seems completely dead. I've checked that its
> power supply still works. Can anyone recommend other simple tests I can
> perform to see if there's any life still in it?

If you have (or now, have to replace) a lot of electronics, I would
seriously consider having an electrician come in and put a full house
surge protector where the electric company feed meets your circuit box.
If your house gets hit by lightening, the protector will fry but will
prevent the surge from coming into the home (so it would need to be
replaced at that point).

--
raaurora