I agree with most of what you say, but I don't agree with this:

autopilot;335594 Wrote:
> And not a single advertisement EVER (there are many part of the world
> that dont even know the joy of this). They are far from perfect, but I
> think the BBC are amazing.

At least on the TV, they are forever plugging their own shows.  I
remember* growing up and watching BBC1 when a program would finish (no
silly talking over the end credits) they would show the spinning globe
and go straight onto the next programme!

Now there is chattering over the end credits (ocasionally you even miss
a bit!) and ads for their own productions before going on...

Anyway I still think the beeb is great (and being able to catch up on
most programs for seven days after the original broadcast, as I was
doing at my mum's a couple of weeks ago, is great), and this thread
reminds me I must get round to reinstalling AlienBBc again.

Anyway, AlienBBC is a great plugin - thanks to all.

Chris
* Yes I'm getting bloody old, I know it...

--
chrisinparis