Ross L;343131 Wrote:
> Thanks for the specifics, they are helping guide my tests. So far I
> still haven't reproduced, please keep sharing details! :)
>
> AV spyder: How are you powering down your Receivers, and how are you
> turning them back on? Red light? Please elaborate on the troubles your
> receiver is having connecting to your Ethernet network. If you don't
> mind, would you please share the make, model number, and firmware
> version of your router?

Sorry for the delay in replying - I've been working out of town for the
past week.

I powered down the receivers by switching off at the wall. When I
turned them on, I can't remember the colour of the light and have since
reset them.

I've just turned one back on now and it started with a green light
which has gone blue. I've just powered up the controller and the
wireless signal is red. Selected "choose player" and it can't see
anything. Tried the same thing with the second controller and same
result.

Having checked the DHCP, the receiver has an ip address (192.168.0.105)
which no other device on the network has. Note that the receiver's
"client hostname" on my router is very strange - it shows up as "Òä".
All other devices have proper names that I recognise.

I've just tried resetting the receiver (hold down button on front until
fast flashing red light). After a while it starts blinking red slowly. I
shutdown and started the controller again and now when I "choose
player", I see the receiver, click on it, select "ethernet", get the
"connecting to ethernet" screen and then after about 10 seconds I get
the "problem connecting" screen with the option to "try again" or "skip
this step".

Went back one screen, clicked on "ethernet" and now I've got the
"connecting to ethernet" screen which won't go away. Pressed every
button on the controller and screen still won't go away. Held down the
home button and it shut down.

Tried again with the controller (same steps as above and same result).
Unplugged the receiver, plugged it in again and now it starts up with
the slow blinking red light.

Router: Linksys BEFSX41, firmware version 1.50.18

The router has been working fine with every other device I've tried
(including my squeezebox 3) for a few years. When I first got my 2
duets, it took me ages to connect them to the network but somehow I
managed. I haven't turned them off until I needed to clean up the area
around them and now I can't get them to work again.

Sorry for the long description but hope it helps. Let me know if you
need any further info. Any suggestions on how I can get the controller
to connect to the receiver would be welcomed?

-AV Spyder

--
AV_Spyder