I've had a SB3 running perfectly on a wireless network here (UK) for 2
years now. All of a sudden it has stopped connecting to the network.
Nothing has changed in the network settings or PC settings. I did
download Squeezecenter 7.2 a week or so ago but it has worked fine
since that installation. Having spent 2 hours tearing my hair out
trying to eliminate the obvious, I am on the point of giving up...

Here is the configuration:

SB3 connected wirelessly to D-Link DSL-604T modem/router. Network uses
static IPs and 64 bit WEP security. PC running Squeezecenter is
connected via ethernet to router.

This afternoon, I came to the SB3 and its screen was blank. It was
plugged in but there was no display. So I pulled out the power cord,
waited 10 seconds, and put it back in. The usual startup/setup display
appeared. I pointed it at the wireless network (it found the SSID
fine). The SB3 recognised that the network was encrypted and offered me
the opportunity to enter the WEP key, which I did. It then tried to
connect and failed. I checked the WEP key, restarted the router and
even uninstalled and reinstalled Squeezecenter for good measure - not
that that was really relevant since the SB3 hadn't even connected to
the network properly.

Still no progress. The current settings showed that it was trying to
use DHCP and it wasn't offering me a way to use static IPs so I changed
the router to run its DHCP server, which I then tested with an iPod
Touch. I did a factory reset of the SB3 then went through the same
setup procedure. STILL no connection to the network. So then I disabled
the WEP security from the router and tried again. The SB3 realised
during the setup phase that there was no WEP security enabled, so it
didn't ask me for the WEP key, but STILL it wouldn't connect to the
network. My iPod touch connected fine.

I did a second factory reset on the SB3 but still no success. So I am
out of ideas. There is nothing wrong with the network. The SB3 has 73%
wireless signal strength (it tells me) and other wireless devices
connect fine. It can't be a static IP issue or a security issue.

What could be wrong? Is it time to throw the SB3 away?

Thanks

Andrew

--
Andrew B.