Thanks for the replies. I have made a little progress. When I tried to
connect "wired" last night, I was actually using our powerline network,
which has been fine for networking PCs. As I say above, the SB3 still
didn't work in that scenario. But this morning I carried the SB3 back
to the router and plugged it in directly to the router with a CAT5
cable - bingo! All worked normally and perfectly.

So I tried wireless again from right next to the router (97% signal
strength) - same problem as before, simply can't connect to network.

So it must be something to do with the wireless part of the SB3. Not
sure why it won't work over Powerline networking, since all the PCs and
PS3 I have function flawlessly over that system.

Andrew

--
Andrew B.