Doesn't sound good but I wouldn't give up hope yet.  I'd do all my
testing using the least complicated possible scenario.  In this case, a
crossover cable directly from the SB3 to the SqueezeCenter.  (Don't use
a normal patch cable!)

Set both the server and client to static IP's on the same subnet
(sounds like you've already done this but bear with me).

If you can't get it working like that, you may have yourself a
paperweight.

If you can, just work your way backwards until you find the problem.
Switch your wireless network to an open network, and then try it
wireless.  Then add the WEP key (or, honestly, switch to WPA if you
can...).

--
CatBus