Thanks Mike. I am in a dialog(ue) with support already.

I seem to have made a breakthrough though. I switched my router channel
to 7 (from 1) since this is apparently one of only 3 truly separate
channels in Europe (1, 7, 13) - it would be the equivalent of channel 6
on a US system. I also switched the router setting from "b and g" to "g
only".

This has improved the wireless reception to 81% and I have had no more
blank screens and disconnects in the last half hour. Let's see how that
continues...

Useful Netgear link on wireless channel spacing:
http://kbserver.netgear.com/kb_web_files/n101374.asp

Andrew

--
Andrew B.