i am pretty sure i was that person, talking to you, in a different
thread (re: the high school hobby comment).

like i said earlier, i just have adamant opinions, its in my nature.  i
forcefully argue for them and i rarely mind if in doing so it rubs
others the wrong way, b/c i think i do so civilly, if also vigorously.
i might be wrong, but then again, i might be right.

a lot of installs of apps, including word and excel that you mentioned,
have 3 modes:

typical
full
custom

and sometimes one of those is changed to "minimal" or something...  but
i think microsoft has more market research than logitech / slim, and
they seem to think its ok to make advanced options available even
though clearly they are concerned with noobs as well.

all i'm saying is its not like slim would be the only setup wizard to
do this.

other than that one issue, i would urge slim to find a happy medium,
and stop trying to "think" for me.  i really believe they are driving
themselves a lil nuts trying to anticipate every possible noob
scenario.

if a noob is that clueless, the fact is their music will be a mess
anyway, and SC is totally insane to try to use when your tags/music are
a mess, (so what good would a dummy proof pgm be?)

--
MrSinatra

www.LION-Radio.org
Using:
Squeezebox2 (primary) / SBR (secondary) / SBC - w/SC 7.3b - Win XP Pro
SP3 - 3.2ghz / 2gig ram - D-Link DIR-655