how am i acting like one of those types i was accurately spoofing?

my beef when i said it, was that there are a lot of people here who act
like this sold for profit product's software is their software, simply
b/c they have been here a long time, or contributed code, or whatever,
and they then react ridiculously to any criticism leveled at the
product.

i basically was saying they not only needed a thicker skin, but they
needed to get a grip on their relationship to the software, b/c clearly
they had a delusional perception.  (and that isn't to say they didn't
contribute or aren't appreciated, its just that their expectations for
how others, particularly those with problems, should express themselves
here and their pile on smackdowns when not met were delusional, esp
considering its not THEIR product)

i haven't been here that long, i've never contributed code and probably
never will, and i rarely if ever take personal umbrage at criticism
leveled at the product or software.

don't then conflate me and what i am saying here with what i
said/spoofed in the other thread.  its erroneous of you to characterize
the situation that way, even as a joke, b/c it simply isn't accurate.

what i am doing here is saying that either extreme, (gearhead or noob)
to the EXCLUSION of the other, is too far.  it was wrong when it was
gearhaeds only, and it will be just as wrong if its noobs only...  and
based on what i am seeing in this thread, it won't even be a good
solution for noobs.

and saying that in no way puts me into the categorization i
characterized/spoofed in the other thread.

i expect people to come here and complain, its totally NATURAL and its
totally foolish to get upset about it if the way they express
themselves offends their delicate sensibilities.

--
MrSinatra

www.LION-Radio.org
Using:
Squeezebox2 (primary) / SBR (secondary) / SBC - w/SC 7.3b - Win XP Pro
SP3 - 3.2ghz / 2gig ram - D-Link DIR-655