Please read up on the Icy metadata protocol if you don't understand how
MP3 streaming works.

The officially supported version of this will work for stations that
support it.  WMA stations can also send metadata but there is no
defined standard for how it should be formatted.  I will be adding at
least one official metadata module for a set of WMA stations in Italy
that I have documentation for.

The code developed for this will include the necessary hooks for your
plugin to add other, more ugly, screen-scraping types of metadata
modules.  I think there is already a bug open for that.  Stay tuned.

--
andyg