datdude wrote:

seanadams Wrote:
How would you control what's playing from where you're listening?

Im not sure if I understand your question.
My goal is to use J. River MediaCenter to wirelessly stream music
seamlessly to a great sounding piece of hardware that can output to my
amp.  One way I thought would be to simply browse in MC and then drop
whatever songs I wanted into the slimserver playingnow area.  Another
way would be to use something like the airfoil to 'hijack' MC's output
and send it to the Squeezebox.

Squeezebox does not do uPnP right now, so unless the J. River MediaCenter speaks the Squeezebox protocol or runs SlimServer, you could not do what you wish with the hardware.

-MA