Yes, it's been that way since the option was added depending on your
getopt library.

SS thinks the 2 is the IP address and it's retrying using the default
of 5

Error connecting to 0.0.0.2:3483
Sleeping for 5 s.         ^

It's related to the problem I've run into using optional arguments with
getopt.  I've changed this in my source tree to required, so in the next
release -r without an argument aborts with an error.

As a work around replace '-r 2' with --retry without any value for now
or undefine GETOPT_SUPPORTS_OPTIONAL in the makefile.

I have an alsa version for linux partially working, plays mp3 streams
fine but nothing else.  I think it's related to buffering, but haven't
nailed it down yet.

--
ralphy