badbob;356414 Wrote:
> Data integrity. I would not trust my music collection on a USB HD, many
> people including myself have suffered corrupt files, directories and to
> some people complete partition corruption. It's rare, it's only happened
> once on my USB HD (directory disappeared) but it's enough to stay away
> from it. I'd use a dedicated low power PC or Linux box, or a NAS with
> SS. Or if you don't mind a bit more power consumption, a HTPC that's
> the music storage/SS.

Help me if I'm missing something, but I think in many cases these are
the same drives no matter where located or configured. I believe people
who have "external" drives are mostly using either the popular
all-in-one package, which are 2.5 inch drives (also used internally in
laptop PCs, Ipods, etc)just in a different package, or they are using a
desktop "internal" drive with one of those connection box do-hickies.
Same manufacturers, same drives. Seagate, Toshiba, WD, etc.

If my understanding is right, why would you think there would be a
difference based on the physical configuration?

I my understanding is wrong, thanks in advance for setting me straight.

--
Goodsounds