I can only recommend that you continue to read about and talk to a wide
range of opinions, and keep your eyes open. The situation is not as
complicated or as dire as you paint it. It seems that you have a fair
number of things confused and have an incomplete understanding of how
the pieces fit together.

Unfortunately, there are the current problems to work through and some
pain to endure. Hopefully that will pass but many people will
needlessly suffer. Many of those people were victims of
overenthusiastic real estate salesmen and loan brokers - most of what
happened in the credit markets/banking sector was avoidable.

I wish you and everyone else well, we're all losers over all of this.
Thank goodness the normal business cycle has up periods after the down
ones. Hang in there.

--
Goodsounds