egd;357691 Wrote:
> I'd venture a guess that even in the US tax legislation and employment
> terms would have a bearing on whether or not you make 401k
> contributions

Nope, employer support can be withdrawn at any time. Plans can be
started or ended at will. Think of it like a bonus, can be paid or not
paid discretionally, and 401(k) participation is NEVER included in
employment contracts (which in themselves are rare anyway). But the
unfunded kind I mentioned, when used, are sometimes included in
employment contracts for upper level employees. But not always.

egd;357691 Wrote:
> and fund and/or tax rules would also dictate mandatory drawdown at some
> point

Yes, this is normal, if tax rules are involved when something goes in,
they also are involved when something comes out. But if one of the
other kinds of plans I mentioned, tax rule attention is very light.

egd;357691 Wrote:
> forcing a selling down of a portion or all of your portfolio.

As I asked before, so what?

--
Goodsounds