By default, it listens to the local loopback adress (127.0.0.1).  On my
server where I use squeezeslave, I use the command line squeezeslave -s
-r3.  This means run in background mode and retry every 3 seconds if
squeezecenter is not running.

It doesn't hurt to be explicit about the IP address, but it isn't
really needed when running on the same machine as the server.

--
maggior

Rich
---------
Setup: 2 SB3s, 1 duet, 1 receiver.  SuSE 11.0 Server running
SqueezeCenter 7.2.1 and SqueezeSlave.  (No MusicIP for now since it
throws a segmentation fault when started on SuSE 11.0)
http://www.last.fm/user/maggior