bpa;362490 Wrote:
> Boom effectively solved the problem with special brightness h/w - IIRC
> during beta users requested dimmer settings than were initially
> provided.
>
> Another alternative would be to create your own font (e.g. use exisintg
> font and make letters thinner). I believe it's not too hard but tedious.
> I can't remember the process in detail but basically either edit with a
> standard graphics tool or there is a conversion tool from a TrueType
> font.

Maybe one day I'll have a look at the font creation process, but as I
have several more urgent things ongoing, it will surely reported to
whenever :). At worst, I'll stick to HIGH font which seems to be
compatible with the sleep of my girlfriend :).

peter;363010 Wrote:

> Yeah, I know that problem. I bought a cheap green Ikea alarm clock with
>
> big LCD digits (which helps cause I'm -4). It has a big button on top
> which lights the LCD for about 5 seconds. I don't use the alarm
> function; that's what the SB3 is for.
>
> Regards,
> Peter

I still have an old radio alarm clock next to the bed, but I'm planning
to dump it soon, so this isn't really an option :).

Mark Lanctot;363084 Wrote:
> Yes, you're right - if you set a small enough font it won't display the
> date even if you set a date in the formatting section.
>
> And yes, the High font is very small.  I could use it because it was
> right beside the pillow, but if I was on the far side of the bed I had
> a hard time seeing it...

The SB3 is also beside my pillow, but being sleepy and short-sighted is
too much for the small size of the font. I wonder what makes the date
disappear (could it be tweaked in SC?)... it would be nice to have just
the clock with the upper sized font.

--
vrobin