twynne;365559 Wrote:
> I'm assuming this isn't achievable for some reason, but can anyone
> confirm?

The only way this is (sort of) achievable is with ReplayGain, and the
RG algorithm must scan the whole file in advance to determine its
average volume before computing gain data.

Radio stations would likely never embed RG data in their streams and
even if they did, it would have to change for every track.  I can't see
that happening on a permanent and consistent basis for all streams.

So a solution would have to come player-side/server-side.  Andy - a
quick and crude way would be to just cut volume by a set amount when
switching to an Internet stream.  This should be fairly easy but is it
considered too crude?  Personally I believe a drop of 30% on the volume
scale when switching to Internet radio would work well.

--
Mark Lanctot

Current: SB2, Transporter, Boom (PQP3 - late beta)
Stored: Boom (PQP1 - early beta), SBC (beta - no battery)
Sold: SB3, Duet