Mark Lanctot;365645 Wrote:
> Believe it or not (I don't believe it sometimes myself!), broadcasters
> are actually mandated NOT to increase volume for commercials.  It's
> actually against the law!
>
> So instead they compress the audio of commercials to the maximum extent
> possible - which is exactly what a lot of Internet radio streams do.
>
> Does anyone have one of these TVs with the feature activated?  Does it
> reduce the volume of commercials?

I wonder if this might be country-specific.  I'm referring specifically
to UK TV channels - and in my experience it seems frequently the case
that commercials are uncomfortably loud.  In fact when watching late at
night I'm constantly adjusting the volume so as not to disturb the
neighbours!

--
twynne