twynne;365618 Wrote:
> It seems to be an increasingly common practice for commercials, for
> example, to come on at significantly higher volume than the shows they
> interrupt.

Believe it or not (I don't believe it sometimes myself!), broadcasters
are actually mandated NOT to increase volume for commercials.  It's
actually against the law!

So instead they compress the audio of commercials to the maximum extent
possible - which is exactly what a lot of Internet radio streams do.

Does anyone have one of these TVs with the feature activated?  Does it
reduce the volume of commercials?

--
Mark Lanctot

Current: SB2, Transporter, Boom (PQP3 - late beta)
Stored: Boom (PQP1 - early beta), SBC (beta - no battery)
Sold: SB3, Duet