Well, I know this is one more request/suggestion for more information
(and possible more cluttered UI?). But I do think it is relevant:

When browsing an album it would be very nice to have the different
tracks numbered (tracknumber) - just like it is when you look at the
iPeng playlist, on the Transporter/Squeezebox display and in SC.

Especially when browsing multi disc sets (grouped into one album in
SC), it will be nice if the tracknumber (in browse album and in the
playlist) indicates the discnumber and the tracknumber, eg "2-1" (disk
2, track 1). Just like it does on the Transporter/Squeezebox display
and in SC (but not in the iPeng playlist at the moment. If disk 1 has 6
tracks, track 1 on disc 2 is numbered "7" in the iPeng playlist).

Actually I would prefer if the tracknumber is also displayed on the Now
Playing screen (probably just in front of the track title?).

pippin;365535 Wrote:
> Ah.. OK.
> LUA is a scripting language that the controller uses to implement -
> well, actually everything. You can write plugins in LUA.
> Apple does not allow 3rd party scripting languages on iPhone (OK, it
> DOES allow the language, it just doesn't allow to download code to it,
> but that would be what it does here) so that will never go into iPeng.
> I'm also not completely sure the plugins would be compatible with the
> different UI on iPhone.
>
> "NowPlaying centric": The iPeng skin (other than SqueezeCenter and the
> SBC) has an interface for plugins on the NowPlaying screen. This can be
> used to get player or playback specific information not through the menu
> structure but directly on that screen. It's being used, for example, to
> show AlbumInfo, Biography or Lyrics information on the NowPlaying
> screen.
> iPeng will get that, too, but it will take a while.

Thanks for explaining - so many possibilities ;-) Did I tell you:
iTouch and iPeng is the perfect remote for the Transporter/Squeezebox!

--
jazztime