morsejeff;370838 Wrote:
> I understand that they are applications and only operate as the remote
> control.  What I don't understand is how iTunes comes into play, since
> I don't currently have an iPod and have not used iTunes for a few
> years.  But as I thought about this more after I posted last night, I
> couldn't see any reason why iTunes and Flac would matter, since your
> application is talking to Squeezecenter, not iTunes.  Is that correct?

The reason that the file format as an issue is because the Touch/iPhone
already has support built in for playing back aac and mp3 files. It has
no such support for playing back flac files.

The old iPeng plugin has no choice but to use the built in support, so
it can only play back mp3 and aac files.

The new native iPeng shouldn't have this restriction, though of course
it will have to provide its own flac decoder so it can play back flac
files.

--
andynormancx

Yes, it will. Yes, all of them. Yes, SoftSqueeze as well. What ?
I SAID ALL OF THEM !