TiredLegs;372744 Wrote:
> I looked into online backup services, but decided against using one (at
> least for now). Not only does it take months just to do the initial
> backup of hundreds of gigabytes, if you ever need to -retrieve- the
> files, it will take months to get them back. The speed of your internet
> connection isn't the limiting factor. The backup services intentionally
> limit the rate at which they trickle out data to any one user. Most of
> the services won't even tell you the data rate you can get copying
> files back out. And worse, if one of these services is going of
> business, they do not guarantee that they will provide users enough
> advance notice to download all their files before the plug gets pulled
> on the service.

This is true, but it's a whole heck of a lot safer than relying on
myself to make regular off site backups- and at $5/month you can't beat
it.

Downloading is not capped according to their TOS, and so I assume
downloading 150 gb is actually pretty quick on a decent connection.
(could do it overnight).

Mark- My music library is about 150gb, however I have hundreds worth of
data in other stuff, I currently have 2 750gb HDDs in a raid mirror. I
do video editing as well as music creation in my home studio. :-) About
40 gb in recorded wavs alone.

--
FredFredrickson