This is strictly an iphone/itouch app. You can't run it without the
iphone/itouch itself. You can download it to itunes, but it will have
to be synced to the phone/touch.  (actually, i don't know of any iphone
apps that can "run" on a computer....they all run on the phone/touch.)
And it doesn't matter that it is on the same computer as SC.  You just
need to have the iphone/itouch on the same wireless LAN so that the
Ipeng on the touch can see your network where SC is running. I have the
ipeng for my iphone and find it particularly nice and easy to use. Very
professional job and well worth the money.

p.s. To add to your confusion, there is also an ipeng "skin" that I
suppose you can use from the computer with the SC as a plugin. This
predates the app and is different I suppose (I haven't used it).

--
garym