mhilbush;375445 Wrote:

> It does seem odd to me that SC doesn't generate a UUID at installation
> time.  If it did, it could expose the UUID to apps like iPeng.  Seems
> like such a trivial thing to add, and I bet it would make it a whole
> lot easier to deal with multiple SCs.  Hmm.  Maybe there's a SC
> enhancement request in there somewhere.

Yep, I did already file an enhancement request to provide a MAC. That
would also do away with the manual setting for WOL.
The problem is: any other applications than iPhone probably don't need
that since on most systems you can get the MAC of a system you
communicate with. iPhone OS seems to remove all APR and routing code
from the kernel or have it inaccessible for iPhone apps.
A MAC would actually be a good identifier for a server.

--
pippin

---
see iPeng at penguinlovesmusic.com