Rob Stone;375364 Wrote:
> Well, Pippin, we are in the same boat, because I didn't know the answer
> either.  After Jazztime's suggestion, which is pretty creative, I
> figured out that Digital Inputs is accessible via SC under "Extra's".
> I am finding that I am struggling to master SC in its' entirety.

I don't think there's anybody out there who understands SC in it's
entirety.
If the inputs are under "Extras", the next iPeng version will probably
support them.

mhilbush;375340 Wrote:

> The whole process made me wonder if iPeng refreshes the entire cache
> when I select a different SC, or whether it maintains a separate cache
> for each of the SCs, then just switches to that cache whenever I select
> another SC.

Mark,

you are correct, currently iPeng reloads the whole cache every time you
switch servers.
I did think about keeping separate caches a few time but the issue is
not as simple as it looks at a first glance. The problem is: how do I
identify the different servers? IP Address? This will fail in dynamic
IP environments. Server Name? This will fail for servers that can't be
detected by server discovery and added as "additional servers". MAC? I
don't have that one...

Also, iPeng always has to refresh the full cache since SC doesn't know
about changes to the library. I did file a few enhancement request
around this but I don't know if and when these might be included.

To conclude: I would like to support caching several servers (I use
three myself) but I don't yet have a striking idea on how to do this.

--
pippin

---
see iPeng at penguinlovesmusic.com