bgriffis;377323 Wrote:
> Everything I've read indicates that current hardware will be firmware
> upgradeable to be compliant with the final 802.11n spec

Everything I've read says this too.  But the spec is being written by
those who stand to profit more if the final spec is NOT firmware
upgradable from existing products (because they can sell us another
one!).  Consumer electronics has a long, ugly history of completely
unneccessary incompatibilities being foisted on consumers to shore up
profit margins.  802.11n may be an exception, maybe not.

--
CatBus