Hi - I have a (not very good) SpeedTouch router which my ISP requires me
to use. I hook a LinkSys WRT54GX into the SppedTouch via the NET socket.
Both routers have the same WEP key. On the secondary LinkSys router I
set "Internet connection type" to "Auto config DHCP" and I also disable
"DHCP Server" since I gather the SpeedTouch will perform this task.

This all works fine. My wireless laptop connects to the LinkSys, and my
main desktop and a network drive that are wired into the LinkSys work.

However the SB3 will only connect to the SpeedTouch. When I try to
connect to the LinkSys all works until I select "Obtain IP address
automatically" on the SB3. It then looks for one and finally says
"Couldn't find DHCP server" and "Go right to self-assign an IP
address". Not sure what to do here, but it also seems very odd that my
laptop happily connects to the LinkSys.

Any idea what is goiing on here and how to remedy it?

--
rbl