badbob;381311 Wrote:
> Good find on that Marantz however it has IR control, so you'll need IR
> to RF system in each room, then RF to IR next the Marantz.
>
> Plus you would need three of those Marantz remotes. And not forgetting
> three SB remotes as well set up into IR to RF system (another blaster
> wire) And you've still drawback you won't be able to see what you're
> doing with SB menus.
>
> All that will probably work out similar price to another pair of SB3. I
> still think a more basic 6 channel amp with 3 SB's is the better option.

The original poster may need to clarify but I don't think he ever said
anything about needing to control the zones remotely. I think he just
wants his new SB3 feeding a three-zone stereo amplifier that can be
controlled from a central location. He did say he doesn't want multiple
sources, just that the same audio stream in 3 different zones could be
turned on and off and volumes changed at will. The Marantz at $799
falls within his 1K budget and sounds like the perfect solution to me.
It's the model that I found when googling for a suitable device too.

--
ptrainer