Howard Passman wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
> I got your UI to work, but am not sure how to change parameters.  I
> assumed "set" then the parameter name and then the value, but that
> wasn't it.  Could you give us less technical folks a hint about how to
> change or set parameters.
>
> Also, it appears you have to reset the device to default in order to
> get in to it.  If someone wanted to change one parameter is it possible
> for you to make is so we could "discover" a specific MAC address or ip?
>
> Thanks to you and Robin for all the work.  My only comment is the folks
> that really need this (first time users of the SBR) probably won't be
> able to use the tool unless you come up with a much easier UI.

Howard,

I didn't create the UI, Robin deserves all credit for that. I just
compiled the program in an easily distributable Windows exe format. I
agree that the UI should (and could) be much easier. I could create a
Windows wizard myzelf (with the wxPerl library) but I really don't have
the time to spare. I also figure that this is really a task for the
Logitech guys. I don't understand how they get away with selling the SBR
as a separate product without providing a simple setup tool with it.
Open Source does not mean you let your users do all the work.

I can design one, though.
- Start the wizard
- A list of detected SBRs is displayed, select one
- Q: Ethernet or Wireless

Wireless:
WEP or WPA?
- Enter WEP/WPA key
- Enter SSID

Wireless/Ethernet:
DHCP or manual?
- Enter IP
- Enter netmask
- Enter gateway
- Enter squeezecenter server

- Save settings

That wasn't so hard ;)
A few days work added to the stuff Robin already did.

Regards,
Peter