JJZolx;382392 Wrote:
> I just noticed in the specs that it states that the three streaming
> formats are PCM, MP3 and FLAC, so it must do native FLAC decoding in
> the players.
>
> http://www.linksysbycisco.com/US/en/products/DMC250

I wonder if it supports gapless playback.  This is the sort of detail
that is easily missed by companies whose core competencies are not
audio related.  That will irritate the hell out of audio enthusiasts
that spend tons of money on this system.  And how quickly do you think
Cicso will address those types of issues?  Probably no where nearly as
quickly as Logitech.

Yes, competition is good, but I doubt very much that I'll be pining for
this Cisco setup to replace my slim devices/logitech setup.

--
maggior

Rich
---------
Setup: 2 SB3s, 1 duet, 1 receiver.  SuSE 11.0 Server running
SqueezeCenter 7.2.1 (7.3 had dropouts for me) and SqueezeSlave.
MusicIP has been turned off temporarily while I move to a lossless
version of my library.
http://www.last.fm/user/maggior