mphearn;380446 Wrote:
> Is it possible to configure my SB3 so that it will play music (mp3) from
> my hard disk which is not in the SqueezeCenter library?
>
> I use the SB3 normally to play music from my SqueezeCenter library. I
> do, however, have a lot of mp3 files which I do not wish to include in
> the SqueezeCenter library but nevertheless want to play through the
> SB3.
>
> How can this be done? It can be achieved using a Sony PS3 via the
> Windows Media Player library but I would much prefer to use the SB3
> instead of the PS3 so that I do not have to have the TV switched on!
I agree that it would be nice to be able to browse your computer and
play what you want.  It seems that it would be easy to do as you can
within the folders that you list as library from folder view.  It just
doensn't work that way though. I wish that when you went to folder view
it just let you pick what folder to play, not just the one that you
selected as a library folder.  I would think it would be an easy add as
you can add music to your libray folder and play it at once.  I just
don't know why you can't just go to another drive an play whatever it
is you want to play.  This would be a nice new feature in my opinion.
For now just add a folder under the folder you have as your library
and add new music there and you will be able to play new stuff from
folder view.

--
Nonreality

-IF THE RULE YOU FOLLOWED BROUGHT YOU TO THIS, OF WHAT USE IS THE RULE.-

HTTP://www.last.fm/user/nonreality